1. We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by e-mail (for example, your domain name, your e-mail address, and what pages you visit); and
Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, volunteer applications, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. We use this information to:
Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as Insight magazine’s online and print versions.
Notify you of updates to our sites.
Notify you of relevant products and services.
Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
Track usage of our sites.
3. Outer Banks Association of REALTORS® does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses, but may provide you with electronic informational or marketing messages that have been approved by Outer Banks Association of REALTORS® for the purposes described in Part 4 of this policy.
4. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for when required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products or other services will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. We utilize a strict Opt-Out policy for online notifications regarding services, products and programs. To adjust your Communication Preferences, please send the request via email to or call (252) 441-4036.
With the ever-changing environment of the Internet and to maintain our ability to improve the quality and safety of our website, we reserve the right to change these policies at any time. As you use our website, we encourage you to periodically check back with this statement for changes that we may make. Your continued use of our websites will constitute your agreement to any changes we make and if you do not agree with a change, please refrain from using our website. Thank you!